An annual admission pass for someone who requires full time personal support.
A Plus Carer Pass is available to someone whose disabilities prevent them from accessing and enjoying Almond Valley without the full time personal support of a carer. The Pass provides admission to Almond Valley on the same terms as a Family Pass, but the disabled person can be accompanied by one supporting carer without additional charge.
The Pass is issued to the disabled person who can select who accompanies them to provide their personal care and support during their visit. If circumstances require it, the administration of the Pass can be undertaken by a regular carer, however the pass is issued in the name of the disabled person and is their property.
To qualify, you must meet criteria similar to those required for free bus travel with a companion using a National Entitlement Card.
- You receive a qualifying DWP benefit - Attendance Allowance, the higher rate of the mobility component or the higher or middle rate of the care component of Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment or War Pension Constant Attendance Allowance. or
- You receive a qualifying Social Security Scotland benefit - Pension Age Disability payment, Adult Disability Payment, or receive the higher rate of the mobility component or the higher or middle rate of the care component of Child Disability Payment
We ask that your provide appropriate evidence of entitlement when applying for the pass
- A pass is valid for 12 months and costs £45
- It can only be used by the person named on the pass, who can be accompanied by someone providing essential care.
- The pass provides admission to Almond Valley during normal opening hours, but does not cover rides, soft play, out-of-hours events, or any other activities that are not included in the standard admission price.
- Your pass must always be shown to gain admission.
How does it work ?
Fill out details of the "principal contact" for the pass. This can be the person who will use the pass or if required, a person purchasing a pass on their behalf.
On arrival at Almond Valley please show your pass to gain admission.