Great for Group Visits
Almond Valley offers all the attractions and facilities necessary for a great group outing. Group visits are welcome at any time of the year, and a special discount rate is available. Admission for adults (age 16+) is £7.50 while children (aged 2 - 15 and seniors (those of state pension age) pay only £5.50. (for outings taking place before 1st April 2017, a discount rate of £6.50 and £4.50 applies)
To qualify for this group discount:
- The group must contain 20 or more individuals paying an admission charge
- The visit, and any special requirements, must be booked at least a week in advance using the booking form
- The group must enter the site as a single party and make a single payment
- Full contact details must be provided for a nominated leader who will remain in charge of the group on the day of the visit.
- All children aged in the group aged two and over will be included in the number charged for admission
Many of the attractions of Almond Valley are of a style that require accompanying adults to be available to monitor and regulate play, and to join in or help with other activities. In this respect we’re slightly different from the free-for-all of a public park.
Group bookings can only be accepted on the understanding that groups include a sufficient number of adult helpers who will continue to exercise supervision and control of the children in their charge in the same manner that a parent would. This ensures both the happiness and safety of your group and that of other visitors.
Group Visit Booking Form
Capacity is limited at some times of the year; please telephone us on 01506 414957 to check availability before completing this form
About Your Visit.
What Happens Next ?
Complete the on-line form then press the submit button to send it off to us. We'll check things over and e-mail you a confirmation of booking, usually within 24 hours. Please estimate as accurately as possible, the number of people in your group and provide a realistic arrival and departure time. If any of these details change significantly after you've submitted your booking, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org
About four weeks before the date of your visit we'll e-mail you a timetable for your visit, where appropriate, indicating how your party should be broken down into smaller groups for any booked activities. You may wish to appoint someone to be in charge of each sub-group, or take other measures to ensure that everyone knows where they should be at any particular time.
On arrival, the group leader should report to reception and let us know the precise number of adults and children in their group. Payment in full is required by cash, cheque or credit card. We will then direct the rest of your group onto the site, using a side entrance if things are busy. In order to qualify for group discount, your party needs to enter as a single group, and make a single payment for admission and any extras such as soft play, train or trailer rides; if members of your group are arriving by their own transport, the group needs to assemble outside before entering the site
Almond Valley normally opens at 10am, but an earlier arrival can be arranged if required. Across the site there's a range of covered (although unheated) spaces, suited for eating packed lunches. We can reserve this covered picnic space at appropriate times if this is required.
Health and safety is our paramount concern, and we take every practical measure to minimise any risk associated with animal borne infections. There are ample toilet and handwashing faculties with soap and hot water, and do everything practical to promote good hygiene practice. We encourage all group leaders to study Health and Safety Executive advice on farm visits (which can be downloaded from this site), and ensure that those in their charge follow good practice.
We advise against reliance on hand sanitiser gels, as these do not provide the same level of protection as traditional supervised handwashing. A recent risk assessment is available to download.
There are a number of optional activities that require advance booking.
- The Oilshale Adventure Zone is a rough-and-tumble indoor play area for 5 -12 year olds. Play sessions can only be reserved for mid-week term time visits, subject to availability.
- Morag's Meadow is a heated soft play space suitable for children aged 3 to 8 years old, with a small area reserved for younger children. 25 minute soft play sessions can be booked at £1 per child.
- Tractor and trailer rides can be booked for groups at most times of the year; the short trip around the cropping field costs 50p per person.
- Train rides can be booked for your group during most holiday periods and on some dates during June; a return trip lasting about 20 minutes costs £1 per person.
These optional activities have a limited capacity and are often fully booked at busy times. Regrettably there's little scope to make the choice on the day of your visit or leave the decision to individual members your the group.
Almond Valley has ample free coach parking.